Monday, September 15, 2008

Poop


Bright has been backed-up. At night he has just been crying & crying for days so Dave & I set out to un-stop the boy with a tiny suppository. The instant we put that suppository in, he started smiling. Then after several minutes, he unloaded & I mean completely let loose. After laughing through this experience, I have some fun tips for you all to keep in mind if you ever encounter a backed-up child.

Tip #1: Do not think this will be a SMALL mess that can be completed on an open diaper, on a towel, on your lap.

Tip #2: A closed diaper is not a bad idea & probably would have made this story null & void.

Tip #3: Following that tips #1 & #2 were not heeded, do not hold child over self in any way...no matter how much you think they need comforting.

Tip #4: Have a husband with a strong stomach aid in this process. Not one who leaves & exclaims he "can't handle this" & is sorry, but "just can't".

Tip #5: Have the bath drawn ahead of time & extra towels to lead to the bathroom. You may end up doing this whole process alone.

2 comments:

Life in the Crazy Lane said...

What a good helper you married! Well, he never did have a very strong stomach. Has he ever told you about our childhood car rides? Listening to KYW News Radio? 1060?

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, I can't stop laughing. That will go down in history!!!!!!!!!! Too funny!! Love ya!